Monday, September 29, 2008

First Post and Political...who'd thunk it

OK, well I really had no intentions of my first post here being political but, I just ran across this blog and it struck a huge nerve(of course).

Title of Blog...Can A Democrat Be A Christian
http://christianblogs.christianet.com/1160766989.htm

Wow, are you kidding me? I know that the Republican platform depends and strives off of Christian beliefs but, come on...seriously? I am both of the above so, YES I Can!!

I did of course take the time to respond but, I wasn't sure my response would be posted and by golly I wanted my response to be heard! So, what better way but to go ahead and blog about it here?

There was a response on there...if you vote for Obama, you support abortion...really? So, my question is this...if you vote for McCain(a known adulterer) are you then supporting adultery? Is one sin heavier than the next? I was always taught that sin was sin...no matter the degree. Obama is supporting an individual choice, McCain is guilty of adultery(that he very well may have asked forgiveness for but, I'm seriously just trying to make a point here). I'm not judging this man...I am in no way shape or form his judge, he in my eyes only has one...we all only have one to answer to so, why are we therefor casting our judgements and claiming to be Christians?

I know in my heart that talking politics and religion is a lost cause...I just felt I had to say something. No one is talking about McCain's adultery. The news jumped all over Clinton and they still do! Recently John Edwards has been thrown in with the wolves. BTW, here is just a bit about McCain's infidelity...

"But it wasn't until 2000 that McCain, possibly emboldened by Clinton's survival of his scandals, became the first confessed adulterer to have the nerve to run. Now, just a few years after infidelity was considered a dealbreaker for a presidential candidate, the party that presents itself as the arbiter of virtue may field an unprecedented two-timing trifecta.
McCain was still married and living with his wife in 1979 while, according to The New York Times' Nicholas Kristof, "aggressively courting a 25-year-old woman who was as beautiful as she was rich." McCain divorced his wife, who had raised their three children while he was imprisoned in Vietnam, then launched his political career with his new wife's family money. In 2000, McCain managed to deflect media questioning about his first marriage with a deft admission of responsibility for its failure.
"
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2006/0607.benen.html

I just don't get where a Christian can say I can not be a Democrat as well...I have a special needs son on SSI. Have they walked in my shoes? How can they judge like that? When will we stop attacking fellow Christians and help fight for what Jesus died for? Spread His love, teach others of His love...support those that do.

These are my thoughts...unedited and raw...I hope not to offend anyone...I just wish people would widen their vision and open their hearts. May you have a truly blessed day in His love.

5 comments:

Carapace said...

Heavenly- good for you! The arrogance of parties, assuming that they own people's loyalty over one issue. I'm a gun totin', beef-raising Texan,and I am routinely offended by the people who think they therefore have my vote. Life isn't a one issue game, you know?

I like your blog, so far. Gutsy!

Anonymous said...

I don't think there should be a religious yard stick for measureing a candidates worth. A persons religion has nothing to do with their ability to do a job. Isn't that a form of discrimination.

I don't think the government has a business legislating moral issues, just legal issues.

That is just my oppinion. I agree wholehartedly HB. Keep the faith, and God Bless you and yours

Unknown said...

hah!! they actually posted my comment! wow, i was actually suprised to see it posted...ill look forward to others views on this as well...

btw, this is me in my other "skin" ;)

G.Dowell said...

First, thanks for following my blog.:o)

Second, Amen to your post! Christians can be Democrats and Democrats can be Christians. Just as all Republicans are not Christians and not all Christians are Republicans. We all have different views on how our government should be run and what is best for our country. This is what makes America great, the ability to be united, yet have differing opinions and the freedom to voice those opinions for the common good of the country.

Anonymous said...

WOW, do you really think it's a good idea to throw stones, Nikki? Isn't it you who slept with a married man while you are married just last year? I have everything you two did. You sit up on your high horse thinking you're better. You really should look in the mirror and then talk about adultery. Have you asked for forgiveness? Have you told your husband what you did???